We are pleased to present our Feel Safe at AB plan, a set of measures and actions designed so that you can stay in one of our apartments in Barcelona with total security and peace of mind. Thanks to all the measures implemented and to obtaining safety and sustainability certificates, you will be able to enjoy your stay with us to the fullest.
Medical assistance in the apartment
Your safety is our priority. That is why, together with Quirónsalud, we offer you a medical service for any need, available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. If you have a medical emergency, you can call 0034 901 123 456 and a team of multilingual professionals will arrange your home medical care, free of charge.
If you need to be transferred to hospital, Quirónsalud includes transfer by ambulance to the nearest hospital, as well as a hospital assistance service with an accompanying person that can speak your language, although in this case it will be necessary to have private medical insurance or travel insurance that can cover these expenses.
Flexibility and free cancellation
Book with complete peace of mind thanks to our flexible cancellation policy, designed to ensure that you can continue to enjoy Barcelona in the event of any unforeseen circumstances.
When entering the dates of your stay, you can choose between the free cancellation rate, where you can cancel free of charge up to 7 days prior to arrival, or the non-refundable rate, where you can use the prepayment for a future booking up to one year after the original check-in date in case of cancellation. Restrictions apply. Please read our Cancellation policy for more information.
Fast check-in and Advanced digital services
You can check-in online via your mobile phone before your arrival in Barcelona. Access the apartment directly or pick up your keys at our office, depending on the conditions of your booking.
For some bookings, you will not need to come to our office to collect your keys, which means that you will be able to access the apartment directly via digital keys on your mobile phone, without the need to be in contact with anyone.
You will have access to our customer area, a space where you can manage your booking, check-in online, request apartment services, book activities, download our city guides and much more.
Safety and sustainability certificates
We hold some of the most important internationally recognised certifications focused on sustainability and safety when travelling.
Safe Travels Certification
Global Safety Seal awarded by the World Travel and Tourism Council, which recognises the travel measures and protocols endorsed by the World Tourism Organisation. Learn more.
Barcelona Biosphere Certificate
It guarantees compliance with requirements based on the principles of sustainability and continuous improvement, ensuring that the certified entity carries out an activity that is typical of a new model of non-aggressive tourism. Learn more.
WeRespect Macro Seal
Seal that certifies that our tourist apartments are committed to neighbourhood coexistence, promoting responsible tourism, and encouraging good community spirit between neighbours and tourists. Learn more.
Cleaning and disinfection protocols
We pay close attention to the cleanliness of all our apartments and all our staff follow strict hygiene measures for your safety.
- After every departure, we completely clean and disinfect each apartment with LACTIC disinfectant products, as recommended by the Ministry of Health against COVID-19.
- Our cleaning and maintenance personnel wear a mask, gloves and individual protection equipment whilst working.
- Our maintenance or cleaning will not enter your apartment in any case while you are inside, if not necessary.
- We collect all “unclean” bedding and other textiles, put them in a bag and store it securely until it has been disinfected in the laundry.
- We wash all the textile material in the apartment, including bed sheets and towels at over 60°C.
- All the bathrooms in the apartments have a bin in the bathroom with a lid, double bag and non-manual opening.
- We have created a protocol plan for all tourist buildings, so that the recommended preventive measures of distance and hygiene are followed.
- The apartments with COVID-19 customers follow stricter processes and we have teamed up with a company that specialises in disinfectant treatments to guarantee the safety of our customers and workers.
Also, we have applied these cleaning measures in our offices and our employees follow the hygiene protocols and preventive measures established by the World Health Organization.
Measures and recommendations to follow during your stay
Following the guidelines of the Ministry of Health and the World Health Organisation, you will have to take into account these measures and recommendations during your stay:
- Always keep a safe distance of 2 metres between people.
- Wear a mask when necessary.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing, with a flexed elbow or single use tissue.
- Wash your hands frequently with water and hand soap for at least 20 seconds. If it is not possible to do so, then use an alcohol based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid the use of the lift. Otherwise, only one person and their luggage will be allowed to go one-way. Avoid touching doorknobs, intercoms or railings.
- Avoid having contact with people that are ill.
- If you start having symptoms like a fever, cough or breathing problems, stay in the apartment and call 061.
Booking of activities in Barcelona
If you have booked any activity in Barcelona through AB Apartment Barcelona, please refer to the activity provider’s website to know more about their cancellation policy and get in touch with them with whatever doubt or clarification you need.
Visit our Contact Page to get in touch with our team with any queries or requirement you have. We will be more than happy to help and hope to welcome you to Barcelona very soon.